Ștefan DeaconuProfessor, University of Bucharest Law School
• Ph.D. in Romanian Constitutional law. Professor of Constitutional Law and European Union Law at the Bucharest University, Law School.
• Visiting professor at the Université Paris 1, Panthéon Sorbonne (2013).
• Attorney at law, currently partner with “Leaua & Asociatii” law firm in Bucharest, Romania. Specialized in public law, judicial review, human rights, European Union legal framework, rules of procedures of the EU Court of Justice, drafting legislation, national and EU institutions functioning, legislative process, foreign investments, international financing and public procurement.
• Former Romania’s President Advisor for legal issues, Head of Legal Department of Presidential Administration (2005/2012) and Director of Permanent Committees Department of the Romanian Senate (2004/2005).
• Member of the research group of the International Association of Constitutional Law, analyzing of the judicial review of the Constitutional Court (2007-2011).
• Arbitrator. Member of the arbitrators list of the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
• International Visitor Leadership Program, US Department of State in the field of reform of justice (2012).
• Author of 10 books and co-author of another 12 books and over 40 articles on Constitutional Law, EU Law and Human Rights, including issues on organization and functionality of the Romanian judicial system and on the observance of human rights and particularly of the due process.
• National Rapporteur elaborating a comprehensive national Report on ,,Protecting Victims’ Rights in the EU: the theory and practice of diversity of treatment during the criminal trial’’, Project developed by the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies and Centre for European Constitutional Law with financial support from the Criminal Justice Program of the European Union (2013).